Thursday, October 23, 2008

Isaac is on vacation


Well, my board exam is almost here. Isaac spent some time at the Lewis' in Hillsboro a couple weeks ago, and now he's in Russell County with the Miles' for the week. I'm so grateful to have such wonderful in-laws and parents to help me out so I can prepare for the FINAL final. I have actually been studying, but needed a break and decided to update the blog. He always hogs the keyboard when he's here, anyway.

Jeremy is doing well at work -- always staying busy. He's also moonlighting as project manager for the building design on our pediatric practice. He took us on vacation in September, and it was a blast! The Cards aren't fantastic this year, so football hasn't overtaken the house. But, by the looks of things, basketball will definitely make up for any lost time.

Life after residency if nice --- verrry nice. Of course, life after boards will be even better. I've spent a lot of time studying, but I'm finally seeing a light. Had I only known 11 years ago.... I'm also moonlighting at Kosair Children's Hospital emergency department and I've really enjoyed it. It keeps me thinking and is a nice break from housework.

Isaac is growing, and moving, and talking, and screaming.... He's a pretty funny little guy. He'll be 9 months next week; I know, believe it! He's pulling up everywhere and loves to slide across on his belly under the coffee table. He said Dada for about 5 days, but decided that actual words aren't really his thing. He loves to squeal and hums anytime you take him for a stroll or in the car. Our friends say he's getting ready for marching band. I say, "what's wrong with that!?!" I am getting a little nervous for when he walks, because he's already really fast on all fours. He has a look in his eyes that if it's off limits, he's definitely going to check it out. Plus, we all know that the Miles' aren't built for speed, so he'll probably be able to take me in a footrace by January.

I updated the Picasa photos with some that Mom sent me from this week. I played around with the editing a little, so please bear with me I think I got a little carried away. I have TONS of pictures from vacation, but I haven't organized them yet. I'll get those up next week after my test. Isaac will be back then, and he likes to have a final say on what gets published. See ya then!

No comments: